Friday, November 13, 2009

Welcome to my first ever blog! As an introduction I'll tell you a bit about myself. As you can see from my profile I share my life with a variety of animals who are the inspiration for a lot of my work. However, I refuse to restrict myself to boring ol' doggie brads and doggie papers. I try to use whatever I think is pretty or suitable.

I have been scrapping for approximatly 2 1/2 years and in that time I've discovered it's just another way of accumulating heaps of stuff and spending heaps of money keeping up with all the amazing new papers, inks, tools, etc. It's extremely addictive and I LOVE IT!




This is a box to hold Making Memories Paints. The box has been painted with Kaiser paints - Sea Breeze with splashes of White around the edges. The title are Bella chipboard alphas which have been painted with different colours and mediums including crackle paint, pearl glaze and glitter paint. The box was finished by decorating the handle with raffia and tying raffia around the whole box. The final touch is a white Green Tara flower with a blue button. I agonised for about a week over the decoration of this box as it didn't seem to be doing what I had wanted, but a few mistakes and coverups later and much changing of the original plan I am very happy with it. The only problem.....it holds 15 paints and the box is now full!


1 comment: