Saturday, November 14, 2009

Say....cheese!

I've recently formed a new love....or should I say, SEVERAL new loves, but they all centre around Tim Holtz products. Every time I try something new from his range it instantly becomes my new favourite thing to do. This layout "say....cheese!" covers a couple of them. I think my friends are now sick of me raving about Tim Holtz so I'll have to rave online instead.




This layout features our last litter of boxer pups when they were about 6 weeks old. The photo was taken October 2008, but I only scrapped this recently. Aren't they adorable?

The cardstock is textured pale green and I laid out the "cheese" using Heidi Swapp "Newsprint" mask. Unfortunately I ran out of room to have the full title, but made do (don't we always "make do" in scrapping?) Using Tim Holtz (Ranger) Distress Inks (Tea, Dye, Peeled Paint & Scattered Straw) with a Ranger Ink Blending Tool I rubbed in ink around the edges of the card. I admit I went a little crazy here because it was so much fun. If you've never tried this before I recommend watching the tutorials on Tim Holtz's site as it is quick and easy to do and as I said....soooo much fun! The papers used are from Kaiser's "Country Grove" range. I love Kaiser, but admit to being disappointed we only get releases once a quarter now! I cut out a flower from the paper for the top right corner and anchored it with a Stampin' Up! silver flower brad. The other flowers are from Green Tara and I've embellished the centres with Kaiser Rhinestones. To finish the title I used Stampin' Up alphabet stamps with "Really Rust" ink.

As a finishing touch I used one of my other new favourites which is the Tim Holtz idea-ology Fragments. These fragments are FANTASTIC. You can cover them with paper, like I've done here, stamp on them, use alcohol inks on them and even emboss on them! They're really versatile and you can make them look different on every page so it doesn't matter how many times you use them.

If you're looking for the Tim Holtz products you can get them at http://www.stampinstuff.com.au/ a great new online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment