The cover has been the most fun so far! I used 3 different Glimmermist colours sprayed randomly over the cover. I've always been a little afraid of Glimmermist, but I just went wild with it here. The cover is embellished with a mixture of Rubons, Stamped Butterflies, Ribbon, Basic Grey Buttons, a Tim Holtz Key and Grungeboard Alphas & Wings. The Rubons and Wings are covered in Glossy Accents which is something I now LOVE. The wings of the tabbed butterfly have been finished with some Ranger Stickles. I then used a purple marker to decorate the edges of the cover.
The first 2 pages are dedicated to a lizard caught by our naughty boxer Poppy. She thinks she's so clever, but meanwhile I don't think the lizard was too impressed especially as it spent over a week in our Vet's wildlife room while it was treated with antibiotics! When we brought it home to release it still had a limp, but managed to run very quickly to get away from us.
The paper used on this double page spread is Basic Grey Kioshi. I love the colours of this paper range. On the left page I covered the whole page with paper and used my binding edge punch to punch the edges so I could cover all the way to the edge instead of having to chop it off before the binding rings. I love that punch!
The title is from Fancy Pants Roadshow Alphabets. I have NEVER used sticker alphabets and I was really cranky when I realised how much I've been missing out on. I have no idea why, but I have never even thought to buy or use stickers. I think it was seeing so many people buy them through the shop that made me think of trying them....that's after I pulled out every chipboard, rubon and stamp alphabets that I own. I even printed a title on card from the computer before I thought of stickers!!! What an idiot I am!
I thought the page needed a bit of dimension so the journalling which is on a Paper Loft journal card, has been stuck onto the grosgrain ribbon behind it so that it's "lifted" off the page a little. I'm really into tearing and distressing the edges of card at the moment so I've torn this and then used ink to distress the edges.
The facing (right) page has been covered with 3 different Glimmermist colours. This is one of the internal sheets of white card pages that came with the album. I used heaps of Glimmermist and it hasn't made the page crinkly or soaked through to the other side. I'm very impressed. I used my Tim Holtz Retractablen Craft Scratcher to distress the edges of the photo, some more Kioshi Paper and Kioshi Stickers to finish the page. There's also a Basic Grey Button hiding behind the circle sticker on the bottom left side.