Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Guess Who

I haven't done a double layout for a long time and I'm going to have to do more because they're really fun to do.    Don't forget to click on the pictures to see increased sizes.




These photos are of my 2 sisters and were taken on the morning of my brother's wedding while we were sitting around our accommodation on Bribie Island.  I'd just finished cleaning the camera and was playing with the AV (aperature)  mode and got some great morning faces.  By the way, it's amazing how early the sun comes up in Brisbane compared to where we are near Mareeba.  The sun was getting up somewhere between 5.30 and 6 at home and down there it was broad daylight at 5.




I used Stampin' Up cardstock as the base and the paper is from Fancy Pants.  I tore strips from 3 different papers for the layering on the left and used a bit torn from a 4th paper for the journalling. 

I did go a bit overboard on the tearing with this layout, but it's so much fun (except when it doesn't tear how you want it).  The centre piece is a sheet of core'dinations that has been torn around the edges and then scrunched up and sanded to reveal the core. 



The flower on the left is from Buzz and Bloom and has been painited with Making Memories paints and I used Kindy Glitz on the flower to add a bit of glitz.

The title and the arrows have been painted with Tim Holtz Ranger Crackle Paints.  The title was then distressed with Ranger Distress Ink while I left the arrows un-distressed.

The crackle paints are the best investment I've made to date.  I just love the look. 

I finished the layout off with a few green tara flowers, basic grey buttons and the 2 birdie charms.

2 comments:

  1. Great layout Veronica. It looks even better in real life... I love the fresh colours and all of the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica, I am new to your blog... very cute and i love your work. Tina

    ReplyDelete